Surgeries and Advice

Damian holds regular advice surgeries in East Hampshire. Each appointment is 15 minutes long and must be booked ahead of time. To make an appointment, please call Damian's parliamentary office on 0207 219 7057. 

You will need to provide your full name, full address with postcode and contact telephone number, as parliamentary protocol prohibits Damian from acting for constituents who are represented by another MP.

In an emergency, or if you are housebound, Damian will try to come to you, diary permitting.


Before requesting a surgery appointment please do:

- Check whether the issue can be sorted direct (see Resources section below),

- Think about whether we could start to help you more quickly if you wrote, 'phoned or emailed rather than waiting for the surgery. 

Please note that Members of Parliament are not permitted to intervene in any matters of a legal nature and cannot offer legal advice.

MPs do not have any jurisdiction over local Council decisions, but Damian is happy to assist in raising local matters with local councils.



Citizens' Advice

Citizens' Advice have great expertise on benefits matters and debt advice among other things. They have offices in Alton, Petersfield and Bordon and an outreach service in Liphook.

Call 03444 111 306  for more information, or take a look at their website for East Hampshire. They also have an outstanding on-line help and information resource, Advice Guide.

East Hants District Council

Switchboard 01730 266551

Tax, benefits & pensions

Child Support Agency Helpline 0345 713 3133 
Jobcentre Plus (new benefit claims) 0800 055 6688
Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance 0345 608 8545
Universal Credit  0345 600 0723
Tax Credit Helpline 0345 300 3900
Income Tax enquiries 0300 200 3300
Pensions Service 0345 606 0265
Pensions Claim Line 0800 731 7898
Silver Line Helpline 0800 470 80 90

Other useful numbers

Emergency Services 999
Police - non emergency 101
NHS - non emergency 111

Various immigration contact numbers are listed here.


Find your District Councillor

Find your County Councillor

Alternatively, you can find your councillor by entering your postcode here.